- 3 1/3 cups cake flour
- ¾ cups unsalted butter
- 2 ¼ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1tsp madagascar vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease three 9- x 2-inch pans
- In small bowl, sift flour and set aside. In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, mix well.
- Stir salt into buttermilk, then alternate with flour and add to batter. Do not overbeat into mixture.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake approximately 35-40 minutes.